- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (1/2 package, thawed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 12 oz asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 425, place oven rack in lower 1/3 of oven. Unfold pastry onto piece of parchment paper and roll 1/2 inch bigger on all sides. Slide parchment and pastry onto baking sheet. I’m medium bowl,beat egg. Lightly brush 1/2 inch border of egg around pastry.
- Add ricotta and 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to bowl with remaining egg. Finely grate zest of lemon into bowl, then fold in scallions and herbs. Spread onto pastry, leaving border uncovered.
- Top filling with asparagus, drizzle with oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, 18-20 minutes.