Love to eat seasonally and locally? Then tempt your Spring palate with this delightful farm-fresh bok choy salad recipe from Brad’s!
- ¼ c. butter
- 2 T. sugar
- ½ c. sesame seeds
- 2 (3 oz.) pkgs. Ramen noodles (uncooked, broken up, DO NOT use seasoning packs)
- 3 oz. sliced almonds
- 2 lb. bok choy, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ¼ c. red wine or balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. sugar
- 2 T. soy sauce
- ¾ c. olive oil
- In a large pan, melt the butter and add sesame seeds, sugar, broken ramen noodles and almonds. Stir and brown slowly. Set aside to cool. Crumble when cool enough to handle.
- Combine bok choy and green onions.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar, sugar and soy sauce together in a small bowl; slowly stream in the olive oil while whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, combine the ramen noodle mixture with salad greens and toss with dressing.