Eating seasonally has never tasted so good!
- 4 or 5 Brad’s small to medium yellow squash, unpeeled and sliced in round pieces
- 4 slices Brad’s Premier bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled (save drippings)
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 t. dried basil or 1 ½ t. fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 t. dried parsley
- 1/2 t. minced garlic
- 2 t. sugar
- 1 T. bacon drippings
- 1/4 c. candy onion
- 1 c. cracker crumbs (could use Ritz or Cheddar Cheese-It Crackers)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Slice squash and set aside.
- Whisk together the olive oil, black pepper, salt, basil, parsley, garlic, sugar, bacon drippings and chopped onion. Pour over squash and toss to cover all the squash.
- Spread a layer of the squash in a 2 to 3 quart baking dish, sprinkle on half the cheese cracker crumbs, half the crumbled bacon and half the shredded cheese.
- Top with another layer of squash, cracker crumbs, bacon and cheese.
- Bake covered with foil in a preheated 350* oven for 50 to 55 minutes until squash is done. Makes 6 to 8 servings.