Storing Green Beans
Dry green beans can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If they are damp when purchased, remove them from the bag, dry and then re-bag for storage.
Freezing Green Beans
- Wash beans and trim the ends. Cut if desired.
- Blanch by immersing in boiling water for 1 minute. Immediately remove and place in ice water to stop the cooking.
- Drain blanched beans. Let dry.
- Pack into appropriate storage containers and freeze.
- Frozen beans are best used within 8-10 months.